This article is about configuring a home network as a Private network type. The Public Network type is the most secure option and should be used when connecting to a public network, such as a Wi-Fi hotspot or library. Now, let’s start configuring a home network as a Private Network type.
• First, click on the start button and then select network.
• Now, in the Network window, on the menu bar, it is required to click the Network and Sharing Center button.
• Here, if you’re prompted to enter the administrator password or a User Account Control prompts, it is required to accept the setting by clicking Yes and click Continue.
• Now, click the Close button.
• Under Sharing and Discovery next to File sharing, it is required to click the down arrow button to expand the selection.
• Then, click to select Turn on file sharing in the File sharing section.
• Now, click the apply button.