One of the most obvious features of Windows 7 is the Windows Backup and Restore as it lets you backup and restore the data on your computers. If you’re very keen, just check the following the procedure out.
The main thing you’ve to notice about this feature is that the data backed up by the Windows Backup and Restore feature should be restore by using the same. Though the feature can be browser or explored, the contents can’t be restored by copying or moving to a computer hard drive.
If you’re ready to backup the files, follow the following steps.
• Close all the open applications.
• Now, click on the start button to select the Control Panel.
• It is required to select the “Backup your computer” option under the System and Security option in the Control Panel.
• If you’ve already created a previous backup and you’re satisfied with the current settings in the Backup or restore your files window. You can directly click the Backup now button and skip the reminder of the procedure.
• At the same time, if you’re not satisfied with the current setting, you can change the backup settings before performing the backup.
• Now, in the “Backup or restore your files window” in the backup section, you have to click Set up backup.
• Now, it is required to select the desired location to which you would like to save the backup files.
• Then, click the Next button.
• Once you’ve clicked on the Next button, select the desired method of data backup and then click the Next button. It is required to perform the steps in the “What do you want to backup?” window.
• If you wish to backup your desired and favourite files, you can select the “Let me choose” option.
• Moreover, you can verify if the backup settings in the “Review your backup settings window” are correct. Therefore, you can select the desired files and then click the Next button.
• After selecting the suggested options, you can view the progress of the backup.
• You can view the detailed information provided on the images.