If you’re using a Windows 7 computer and looking for an option to perform an action to turn OFF the computer remotely, read this article without fail. You can perform this action by using the “Remote Shutdown Dialog” box. Moreover, you can even shutdown, restart or log OFF local or network based computers in an easier way. It is required to open the elevated command prompt, type shutdown –i and press the enter key to open the Remote Shutdown Dialog window.
1. Here, it is required to click Add button to add the name of the computer on which you wish to perform the action.
2. Make sure that you’re having the administrative privileges on the computers.
3. Now, select the command. You can allow the time delay as you like.
In Active Directory, it is default that the administrators are granted permission to perform the different Group Policy management tasks. However, even other individuals can be granted the permissions through delegation. Follow the steps.
How to assign GPO Creation Rights: Administrators
If you’re an administrator of Active Directory, you’ll have the ability to create GPOs in domains and anyone who has created a GPO in a domain will have the rights to manage that GPO. You can follow the following steps to determine who can create GPOs in a domain.
1. In the GPMC, it is required to expand the entry for the forest you wish to work with and then expand the related Domains node.
2. After that , it is required to expand the node for the domain you wish to work with. If you don’t see the domain you want to work with, right-click Domains and then click Show Domains. You can then select the domains you want to display.
3. Then, select the Group Policy Objects node.
4. Now, the users and groups who can create GPOs in the selected domain will be listed on the Delegation tab.
In order to manage the partitions and volumes, the Windows 7 Disk Management tool offers you a simple interface. In this article, let’s have an easy way to shrink a volume to free up space to create a new partition on our hard drive.
Follow the following steps to shrink a basic volume, simple volume or a spanned volume:
1. It is required to type diskmgmt.msc at an elevated command prompt to open the Disk Management console.
2. Then, you can right click the volume that you wish to shrink and then click on the Shrink Volume option.
3. After that, in the field provided in the Shrink dialog box, it is required to enter the amount of the space by which to shrink the disk.
You can have the following information from the shrink dialog box.
The 24-inch XB2472HD-B and 27-inch X2775HDS-B are now available in Japan. The makers of these monitors Iiyama has officially announced the news. Both of these monitors are equipped with an LED backlight VA panel that produces a 3,000:1 contrast ratio. With these monitors, you can have an HDMI port, DVD-D ouput and an ECO mode. Here, the ECO mode is capable or reducing up to 60% of power consumption.
This is one of the very latest devices in the market. The name of the device is Cube Laser Virtual Keyboard. It is a match-book sized rectangular device that emits a red light to simulate a keyboard onto pretty much any flat surface. Using this device, you can never miss even a single function of a normal keyboard. However, comparatively it takes less than a third of the space. The other stunning feature of the device is that you can use it as a mouse in the mouse mode. Therefore, in the place of using a small, bulky and slower mouse, you can use this Cube Laser Virtual Keyboard.